Friday, February 12, 2016

No More Frames!

Dark Cloud Blogs posted last week on the MFZ Facebook page and the G+ group about wanting to see more Stations, HVAs, and Terrain from the MoF0 community.  He even came up with some new hashtags for this purpose; #MF0station, #MF0HVA, and #MF0cover.  So of course I had to jump on this bandwagon.

As a community we  put a lot of emphasis on Frame design and construction.  I've written about this in the past, and I'm as guilty of this as anyone else.  Of my last sixteen pictures on Flickr, only two were of Stations.  But, honestly, the concern for an established MoF0 or group of MoF0s should be how good the game table looks.  You already know your Frames are awesome, keep moving forward.  I've written about this too.  You want to attract more people to the game?  Have a rockin' table full of neat looking terrain.

This is something I've been trying to work on myself.  Recently I've started building on more interesting wall segments for Demo Games.












I've also experimented with some Alien Tree designs
to go along with the Sci-Fi Outpost terrain.  I have
another tree design I haven't taken pictures of yet.


The point of all this?  Stretch yourself as a builder.  Make some terrain more interesting than simple walls.  The rest of the players will thank you for it and bystanders will comment on it.  Let's get another hashtag trending, #awesomeMF0table.

No comments:

Post a Comment